The subject property comprises a substantial semi-detached Victorian property constructed with red facing brick, over a pitched roof that we understand was converted many years' ago to provide six self-contained flats. From the Leyland Road elevation, there is a lawned area and space to the side, together with a detached brick built garage.
Internally, the accommodation provides six self-contained flats, over ground, first and second floor. Floor plan below, not to scale and provided for indicative purposes only. The basement of the property is also vacant and may offer further storage or conversion potential, subject to the necessary consents. Each flat is separately metered for electricity, with Flats 2, 3, 4 and 5 running off one meter, but the tenants paying landlord top-up cards, or with Flat 1 and 6 operated by way of a coin payment machine. As at the end of March, the power is with Scottish Power and is currently on a £210.00 per month direct debit, with estimates on the accounts currently at approximately £2,219.00 per annum.
Tenants requiring cards generally purchase them from the landlords monthly, ranging from £20.00 to £40.00 a month, depending on how much the tenant uses. We understand this electricity has recently been overhauled by a local electrical contractor, with certification available.
Emergency lighting and fire alarm systems have also been checked and will be accompanied with appropriate documentation.
The property will be sold with appropriate Gas Safety Certification in place, documentation is awaited from Sefton Council with regards to the HMO Licence as any purchase can be conditional upon this being received.
- Substantial semi-detached property providing six self-contained flats.
- Detached garage block - scope for extension/conversion, subject to the necessary consents.
- Large vacant basement offering storage or conversion potential, subject to the necessary consents.
- Currently producing approximately £25,980 per annum (£31,380 when fully let) - a breakdown of income and tenancies are available on request.
- No VAT on purchase price.
- The property could benefit from refurbishment and scope for rental increase.