The property was originally constructed as a former pumping station, but in the recent past, has been used by Sefton MBC as a storage facility.
The property is constructed to a primarily open plan concrete frame, with the north elevation facing Kings Gardens and the south elevation accessed at first floor level from the main road. Please refer to various elevation and sectional drawings.
The vendors, Sefton MBC, have also commissioned a structural report detailing the current condition and recommended works, a copy of this report is available upon request. The property historically had Planning Permission for its conversion to provide a two-storey restaurant premises - reference DC/2017/0051 which has now expired. A copy of this historical Planning Consent is available upon request.
The property is not Listed, but is recognised as a "Non-designated Heritage Asset" due to its location in Kings Gardens, which in itself is Grade II Listed.
The premises could also be suitable for alternative leisure employment, office or retail uses, subject to the necessary consents.
Please note the vendors, Sefton MBC would be willing to grant two car parking spaces for managerial & operational use and vehicle access for deliveries from the restricted ramp access off the Esplanade, within the long leasehold to be granted.
Building Licence/Leases: The property is to be sold by way of initial Building Licence.
Once a preferred purchaser is identified, there would be a non-refundable deposit to be agreed and the property initially transferred by way of a Building Licence/Lease, following which the preferred purchaser would undertake agreed works to the property within a set period of time, following completion of these agreed works the new long leasehold sublease would be conveyed and the long leasehold property purchase complete.
Necessary repairs will need to be in accordance with recommendation within the 2020 WML Survey Report. A full Risk Assessment and Method Statement will be required and to be submitted to and approved by the Council prior to commencement and compliant works completed in accordance with a programme agreed with the Council.
The vendors have an example of a template Building Licence/Lease, which is available upon request.
Please also note any building control requirement would need to engage the Sefton MBC's building control service not an external provider.
- Former Pumping Station Overlooking Kings Gardens
- Planning Permission was Granted for Conversion Into a New Restaurant Over Two Floors (By Adding New First Floor Level) (Ref: DC2017/0541 - Now Expired).
- Scope for Alternative Employment, Retail or Leisure Uses - Subject to the Necessary Consents.
- Available by way of a new 125-year Long Leasehold Title (sublease, at a peppercorn ground rent).
- Disposal by Way of Initial Building Licence, Subject to Deposit - Sale Transfer on Satisfactory Completion of Works.
- Two Management Car Parking Spaces and Access for Vehicle Deliveries Will Be Provided for In the New Sub Lease.
- Offers Invited by Friday 2nd July 2021.